2021 Beautillion: Men of Power, Purpose and Resilience
Welcome to the Columbia Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. 20th Biennial Beautillion - Men of Power, Purpose and Resilience.
Since 1983, the Columbia Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. has sponsored 20 Beautillions to celebrate the achievements and excellence of hundreds of young African American men of promise.
The objective of the beautillion is to highlight the young man’s existing achievements while offering meaningful educational, cultural, civic, social, and service leadership programs and activities in honor of a symbolic journey taken from adolescence to manhood. The culminating event is the Beautillion which is the formal presentation of the young men to the local community.
The Beautillion is also a fundraiser that supports the Jack and Jill Foundation and other local charities.
We hope you will join us this year.
What are the qualifications for consideration?
A beau presented by the Columbia, Maryland chapter of Jack & Jill of America, Inc. should be:
- a junior or a senior in high school who is of high moral and ethical character who sets a positive example for others at home, school, and in the community.
- considered young men of promise (demonstrated academic and/or leadership potential); have at least a “C” average; are involved in some type of extracurricular activities and have the desire to attend college.
- an active participant in the beautillion leadership modules, activities, and Beautillion.
When is the Next Beautillion event?
The next Beautillion will be the Beautillion Class of 2021 and the event itself will be held in May 2021.
Applications for consideration are submitted the fall before the event. In 2020, the deadline for all applications are due November 15th with a deposit or full payment.
Beautillion Class of 2021 – Leadership Workshops?
- Cultural Excellence, World View & Making Your Path
- Defensive Living
- Emotional Intelligence – Being Grown
- Civic & Philanthropic Responsibility
- Millionaire Matters & Fine Dining
- Dance Practices (Mother & Sons; Beau’s Presentation)
- Winning Interactions, Interviewing & Public Speaking
- Team Building Activities
The Beautillion COVID and the Beautillion
In accordance with local and national Jack and Jill of America guidelines as well as CDC protocols, the Beautillion committee has provided the following guidance.
Beautillion Committee Members
- Have a Zoom option available for those who prefer remote activities during Phased reopening of Maryland
- Ensure COVID language is incorporated into the communication.
At the event, Social Distancing protocols will be communicated to all participants and all participants must adhere to the guidelines and protocols including
- Answering 5 core questions
- Taking their own temperature
- And verifying the beau and family members have a mask.
Beaus and Family Participants
- Please refrain from attending this event if any member of your family is exhibiting symptoms of fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, diarrhea, headache, nausea or vomiting, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, new fatigue, congestion or runny nose
- Please be aware there are no public restrooms available during events
- Masks should be brought and worn during the entire time in attendance
- Please maintain at least 6 feet from other participants at all times (social distancing)